Summer is here. You don't have to be sitting in a faraway place to enjoy your vacation. Following is a list of poems to delve into during your time-off at home.
1. "When You Are Old" by W.B. Yeats:
A poem on reminiscence.
2. "A Poison Tree" by William Blake
Blake sheds light on the importance of addressing one's negative emotions and highlights the destructive consequences of repressed anger.
3. "Leisure" by William Henry Davies
Draws attention to the lack of time for the simpler pleasures in life.
4. "Richard Cory" by Edwin Arlington Robinson
Poignant reminder of how appearances can be often deceptive and those who seem so put-together may also need to be looked-out for.
5. "If" by Rudyard Kipling
Extraordinary read on 'becoming'.
6. "One Art" by Elizabeth Bishop
A lecturer and lifestyle consultant by the day; an avid reader and writer by the night, I am a student of life.